1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD CONVERTIBLE
Contact the seller
North Wales, Pennsylvania, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1966 Ford Thunderbird CONVERTIBLE
1966 Ford Thunderbird Convertible 2+2, 390ci Big Block, Automatic, PW, PB, PL, PS, P Seat, Swing Away Steering Wheel. Original AM FM Radio.White with Black Convertible Top and Black Interior. Last year for the body style and convertible.
New Battery, New Tires. Clear title.
This is a complete car that with a little effort could be a great driver project car. Ready for restoration. All parts are there. Top will definitely need to be replaced. Interior is in very good condition. Driver's seat cushion will need to be restitched. There are no tears. The dash pad is in great shape with no cracks or damage.
There are a number of extra parts that will come along with the car.
I have too many projects and not enough space.
NO RESERVE. Highest Bidder wins.
Local pickup. I can work with the buyer to ship car at buyers expense.
On Jul-06-18 at 07:41:48 PDT, seller added the following information:
All of the details of the car are below to the best of my knowledge. The car is 52 years old.
- New Battery & Tires
- Seats are in good shape. The driver seat bottom needs to be restitched. There are no tearsor cracks.
- Power driver seat works but the motor labors
- The dash pad is good. No cracks or tears.
- Glass is good all around
- All of the gauges work.
- Interior lights work with the exception of the one light on the convertible top cross bar. Its possible the bulb is burned out or missing. I haven't taken it apart.
- Brakes work but are soft and will need to be sorted.
- Engine start on the first attempt.
- There is a crack in the driver side exhaust manifold. The car comes with a replacement exhaust manifold.
- The carburetor has a leak out of the secondaries when you pump the gas when engine is not started. When engine is running there is no leak. The engine has a lag when not warmed up. The carb will need to be rebuilt.
- There is an oil leak coming from the engine. Its small and could just need to have bolts tightened.
- Transmission runs well. There is a leak in it as well. It is a larger leak that will require a fix. I have to put about a quart of transmission fluid in about everyother month when I was driving it around last summer.
- Power windows work but the console switch is bad. I have added jumper wires to get them up and down. The passenger side labors. Couldneed to be greased.The rear quarter window motors are good
- Top gets stuck trying to open the deck lid on mostattempts. It willgo through the entire cycle, but only when the engine is idling at about 2000 rpm from time to time.
- Top is torn and the plastic window is bad. All will need to be replaced.
- Power steering has asmall leak. It works well but requires fluid every few weeks.
- Heater core leaks. It has been bypassed.
- Steering wheel is cracked
- Horn does not work.
- There is rust in the rear quarter panels. New Quarters (L/R) come with the car
- There is rust in the floors. Not sure how bad. New Floorscome with the car.
- There is rust in the trunk. Not sure how bad.
- The rear suspension seems to sag a bit. Probably needs new shocks / springs.